National Collegiate Athletic Association
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) is a voluntary organization through which the nation's colleges and universities govern their athletics programs. It is comprised of institutions, conferences, organizations and individuals committed to the best interests, education and athletics participation of student-athletes.
New: Important information for students entering college in 2016 »
What is the NCAA Eligibility Center?
The NCAA Eligibility Center will certify the academic and amateur credentials of all college-bound student-athletes who wish to compete in NCAA Division I or II athletics.
The NCAA Clearinghouse evaluates student eligibility based on the student's entire academic career.It is wise to develop a high school plan for meeting the NCAA's requirements.
The NCAA Clearinghouse is an organization that clears athletes for initial eligibility in NCAA Division I and II athletic programs. It would be prudent for student athletes with aspirations to participate in collegiate sports to take note of the following:
- Requirements are based on the student's four-year high school career.
- When registering, read all of the information carefully. Parents and/or students will be certifying an agreement authorization statement.
- Register on-line.
- There is a cost.
- If the student has attended more than one high school, they must authorize each high school to forward an official transcript to the clearinghouse. Give plenty of notice to the former school. The NCAA does not accept faxes.
- After students apply online don't forget to come to the counseling office and request your transcript be sent. Mrs. Davis will give you a form to fill out, there is no cost for this.
- Only students who have received proper NCAA approval for their diagnosed learning disabilities may receive credit for NCAA approved remedial courses.
- The "List of Approved Core Courses" may be found on the NCAA Clearinghouse web site.Our school code is 470-627.
Additional NCAA Contact Information
P.O. Box 7136
Indianapolis , IN 46207-7136
Package or overnight delivery:
1802 Alonzo Watford Sr. Drive
Indianapolis , IN 46202
Eligibility Center - customer service
Representatives are available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.,Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
U.S. callers (toll free): 877/262-1492
International callers: 317/223-0700