Help and Support
The Western Albemarle High School faculty and staff are here to help you! Please consider the nature of the help you are looking for and follow the directions below.
- If you need LOGISTICAL help (help figuring out where to go to get what you need) - Please contact the WAHS front office at 434-823-8700.
- If you need TECHNOLOGY help (help with your laptop or online programs - such as Schoology or Zoom) - Contact the WAHS Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to have your computer number handy.
- FREE SCHOOL SUPPLIES will be available for pickup in the front office lobby from August 15 through August 23, during school open hours. Starting August 24, they will be located in The Learning Center, Room C103. Supplies are available (while they last) to all students who need them. If you would like to donate school supplies to help other WAHS students, please drop off your donations in the front office (and thank you!).
- If you need EMOTIONAL support (dealing with stress or other emotional obstacles) or have questions or concerns about your SCHOOL SCHEDULE, please contact your school counselor directly.
- Ms. Henry (formerly Ms. Barnes) - email@example.com (Students: 9th-10th: CO-HA; 11th-12th: CO-HA)
- Ms. LeMay - firstname.lastname@example.org (Students: 9th-10th: He-L, WO-Z; 11th-12th: He-L)
- Ms. Poole - email@example.com (Students: 9th-10th: Sh-Wi; 11th-12th: SH-Z)
- Ms. Rittenhouse - firstname.lastname@example.org (Students: 9th-10th: A-CL, N, O; 11th-12th: A-CL)
- Ms. Salzberg - email@example.com (Students: 9th-10th: Mi - SE; 11th-12th: Mi-MU, P-SE)
- Ms. Wright - firstname.lastname@example.org (Students: 9th-10th: M-ME; 11th-12th: M-ME)
- Looking for Mental Health Support and Information , check out the Warrior Mindset, the biweekly newsletter about mental health issues written by students for students. The current and past issues are available on this webpage.
Looking for Family Assistance The Counseling Department understands that hardships may fall on families throughout the year. We would like to support all families in need of food, holiday assistance, and other necessities as best as we can through the generosity of local organizations. If your family could benefit from any of these resources please fill out the request for Family Assistance Form and your students counselor will connect with you as soon as time permits.
- If you have already worked with your teacher during class and/or office hours and you need some extra ACADEMIC help, use the form below to request help from The Learning Center and/or Peer Tutoring.